homeaboutmy favssong of the daybackyard lovin'dressing up

5.20.2011

Fresh off the Plane

You obviously don't know this about me, but I get a bit homesick. And when I get worn out and tired of living out of a backpack, I get a bit clothes-sick. I miss accessorizing and dressing up and just looking nice and feeling fresh. So, though it is still two months and eight days away, I've started daydreaming about my homecoming outfit. I actually fly home from Toronto since we're stopping in Eastern Canada for three weeks on the way home so it will be a short flight and I might actually have a chance at not looking like a walking zombie with dry skin and greasy hair.

This post started with the bag. Which I might actually get since I need to transport home my laptop and some souvenirs and I don't have a proper carry-on, just a small purse. And I'm seriously considering buying this tank top because I absolutely love red and blue and the cute flower print (it reminds me of a dress I had as a little girl), but I've never ordered clothes online before and I desperately need some advice! If anyone has any experience with judging sizing or buying from Ruche or wants to share some of their online ordering experience with me, please do! Of course as I write this I've been distracting myself by adding the tank and a coat I adore to my shopping cart and estimating shipping costs...

Floral Frenzy Printed Tank, Blissful Hearts Locket Necklace, Amazed By You Light Zip Up Jacket, Through and Through Belt, and Ophelia Sandals - all from Ruche, Pieces Virabello Bag - Kii, Digi Pumps - Vagabond, Jeans - Levis

 I know, I've put two pairs of shoes on here, they're in a bit of a stand-off because I like them both, but obviously it will be weather dependent and I still have to decide whether the sandals and the bag are too matchy-matchy. The pumps are a lot more likely. They're by a Swedish company called Vagabond Shoes and if I can find them, and they're comfortable I think they'd make a perfect souvenir from Sweden! Plus, I have to get a job again someday and I'll need a nice pair of interview shoes! Maybe that will be my excuse, I'm just getting a head start on my back to work shopping! For now I can want, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment