homeaboutmy favssong of the daybackyard lovin'dressing up

5.24.2011

A Sweet Treat for my Ears

I've been sitting on a $10 M/C gift card since Christmas. Since it's in Canadian funds I didn't know what to do with it aside from hold onto it until we return to Canada in July, but that's just no fun. So I found the perfect way to spend it! Shopping online at the Gallery AC store from Canadian label Arts & Crafts. And my first purchase is Zeus' album Say Us for only $1.99!

Released in February of 2010 the album consists of twelve tracks of what the Arts & Crafts website describes as "smart pop hooks with jangling electric guitars, three-part harmonies; [in other words] classic rock n' roll."

I'm listening to it this morning, and I like it! And I'm not surprised since I've long liked Jason Collett, a Toronto musician for whom Zeus originally played as a backing band. And though their sounds are comparable, Zeus holds their own, and Say Us is a dynamic and enjoyable album that I am happy to add to my growing collection of home-grown favs. And the best part is, this sweet indulgence doesn't have any calories - or any sugary pop anthems to make my ears hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment